We have an update on the actual XJ-S that Jaguar supplied to the Return of the Saint television series. It is alive and well, and roaming the British countryside.
Here are a few more notes from the current owner:
Check out The Saint's Jaguar page for further updated information and some new pictures from 2008.
- No, the car is not for sale at this time. He has thought about it from time to time, and at this point wants to keep it.
- The car was featured in Classic Cars magazine sometime around 2003/2004, with photos taken outside The Saint's house in Eaton Mews.
- The car has not been shown in public for a long time, and there are some plans shaping up for a few UK car shows in 2008.
- The car is owned by a private individual, so make the most of any public showings.
- The condition is mechanically sound, with the full restoration still in process. The car needs a bit more daily driving to identify any flaws in the drive-train.
- It will be repainted at some point to get a better finish on it -- the car wants stripping to bare metal and repainting.
- The interior is in excellent condition and will be kept original.
- The Saint's Jaguar is quicker than most old XJS's and hit 133mph on a private track recently with more to offer. It handles well and doesn't roll as much as normal XJS's.
- It has a little Saint stickman on the bonnet that obviously wasn't in the series. People do stop and ask about the car.
- The car came with a big info folder with pics/receipts for work done etc and a certificate from Jaguar confirming it was the main car used.